Hi! My name is Juan Romera. I was born on August 26, 1977, in Bahía Blanca, Argentina, and I have been a full-time comic artist and colorist for 15 years.
When I was a kid, I started drawing and reading all the comics that passed by me. I never stopped doing both. It was clear to me that I was only interested in being a comic book artist in the future.
In 2002 I made my first short comics for fanzines from Argentina, Spain, and Brazil (Toxicomix, Cero, among others).
In 2005 I started my career as a comic book artist in independent publishers in the United States, and I have not stopped drawing since that day. Some of my published works are by IDW, Monkeybrain, Comics Experience, Desperado Publishing, Diablo Comics, Last Sentry Comics, and many others.
I discovered that I also like to teach, so I try to take the time to make graphic storytelling and digital color workshops.
I currently live in Bahía Blanca with my lovely wife, my little daughter Catalina, and our dog.
If you are looking for an artist or want to say hello, mail me.
- Negative Burn #15 (2005)
- Frater Mine (2007)
- The Unwanted (2007)
- Zombie Highway: Directionless (2007)
- Misery Depot (2008)
- Tall Tales from the Badlands (2010)
- Nancy Hernandez and the Black Widows (2011)
- Clockwork, Volume One (2011)
- Woody & The Noble (2011)
- Gargoyle By Moonlight (2012)
- Chillers (2012)
- Los Muertos (2013)
- Strange Nation (2013)
- Fighting Stranger (2013)
- Ghost Telling (2013)
- Rex, Zombie Killer (2013)
- Legend of the Toadrider (2014)
- Sanitarium (2015)
- Protege (2015)
- Torsobear #2 (2015)
- Creature Cops: Special Varmint Unit (2015)
- The Stalker (2016)
- Rebirth of the Gangster (2016)
- IF Anthology (2017)
- Scratcher (2017)
- The Harvest Realm (2017)
- Fractured Scary Tales # 3 (2017)
- Rigor Mortis (2018)
- FISK the S.U.B.S.T.I.T.U.T.E. (2018)
- 1000 Nightmares (2019)
- Fractured Scary Tales #6 (2019)
- The Void Divine (2019)
- All We Ever Wanted (2019)
- They’re Heeere #1 (2019)
- Legend of the Sunset People (2019)
- Blackhole Universe #2 (2020)
- The Hardways (2020)
- Slow Pokes (2020)
- Heridas abiertas (2021)
The artwork in Strange Nation is splendid—each character is wildly unique, the colors are vibrant, and the textures aren’t glaring. Each page is a treat to look over.
Horror Novel Reviews
Romera continues to demonstrate his incredible talent for framing panels and capturing facial expressions and body language in a way that really maximising the emotion of the scene…